Make your own name Caterpillar!
We have been practicing our names ready for starting school. Not just writing it but recognising it. There has been a huge interest in the caterpillars and butterfly’s in the garden. This led me to thinking about making caterpillars out of our names. And so the “name caterpillar” was born!
You will need:
- plastic bottle caps in different colours
- Black marker pen
- A piece of paper with your child’s name written clearly on it
- Piece of card
Offer a lid and the pen to your child and ask them to draw the face of their caterpillar on the lid. This will be the front of their name caterpillar!
Glue each bottle top down on the paper with the head at the front!
When the glue is dry add legs and antenna to your caterpillar.
- Physical Development
- Personal,Social and Emotional
- Communication and Language Development
- Expressive Art and Design