- Insides of till receipt rolls
- green scarf
- Pine cones
- Artificial Grass off cuts/ samples
- Small world digger set
I set up a play tray for my little ones today. The interest of one of my children is very much focused on diggers and vehicles in general. He can find it hard to mix with the others and I wanted to set something up that might draw several of the children in to the same activity and help him to socialise over a common interest.
It worked really well. The children all gathered around the tray and little “J” could talk about his knowledge and interest for ages. The other 2 children were really interested in what he had to say. They asked him questions and he told them the different names for the diggers.
- Provide more of these focused activities with other interests for children to share their knowledge.
- Use other construction materials to revisit this activity.
Today’s play, meets the following EYFS Prime and specific areas:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional
- Expressive Art and Design