I have to say that we went through a batch of “Not great years”. Something always seemed to happen. Illness, worry, upset of some sort effected us or the wider family. It is not to say that nothing bad has happened. Or nothing upsetting. But on the whole this year has been one of pretty good things.
Here a re a few of our highlights.
- The boys Birthdays are always a big thing. As soon as Christmas passes we focus on Birthdays. 2 weeks apart from each other. The marking of time as my boys grow older is always important. They turned 11 and 15 this year. Shared a pool party at the local pool. A trip to Rush trampoline park and Brendan had some friends over for a gaming day!
- Our annual trip to Wales was as enjoyable as always. The weather was a bit hit and miss but it was time away as a family and the location of our stay was great for evening walks to the beach. I also got to meet up with an old friend who moved to Wales when we were kids. We were best friends and over 20 years had passed since we last saw each other. It was lovely to see our children playing together.
- Lee took me away for my 40th! A weekend visiting Bath and Avebury. It is the second time Lee and I have been away together without children and It feels good to be just us for a few days. It is noce for the boys to spend time with Aunts and Grandparents too.
- My 40th Birthday was a great month of Birthday activities! catch ups with friends, afternoon tea in a local tea shop, such kind and lovely gifts, cake and a get together with family and a surprise night out organised by some really amazing friends! Totally spoilt!
- My friend found out she was pregnant with her first baby! It was up and down for a while but it was meant to be and she is going to be a fantastic mum! Her partner set up a baby gender reveal. Turns out she is having a boy! I called it!! It was an AWESOME event and quite far down south so we made a weekend of it and took the boys to Cheddar Gorge while we were there!
- Our personal highlight was our Handfasting! I wont go in to too many details as I covered it in a previous post which you can read here if you want to know more! It was such an amazing day and meant so much to Lee and I. Joining together and exchanging rings in a way that suited us. Not following a path led by others but by us. So many of our friends had no idea what would be involved but so many said they wished they had done this for their big day. I could not have asked for a better day. Supported by fantastic friends and family.
- I have now reached a point in my work life where I am working 3 full days and just a few hours on a Monday. I feel happier for it and have been able to put more work in to my online business and develop my role as an Early Years Adviser and Play Advocate! You can find my shop here.